We are delighted that the A-Z was published on 25 July 2018. Do have a look at the site if you have access.
30th November: Global Skills Lecture – Brussels Campus – Paul Allain
6 December: The research of the A-Z : A seminar – RADA Studios
28–31 January 2016 – Research Paper, International Platform for Performer Training Conference, Wrocław
9th March 2016 – Physical Actor Training Workshop Audition
16th March 2016 – Digital Dance Day, Symposium at Coventry University
7th April 2016 – Physical Actor Training Workshop Audition
19th April 2016 – Meeting Methuen Bloomsbury
28th April 2016 – Alexander Street Press meeting, London
9th May 2016 – Experimental Digital Studio, University of Kent at Canterbury
7th June 2016 – Experimental Digital Studio, University of Kent at Canterbury
7th August 2016 – Meeting Methuen Bloomsbury
8th September 2016 – Experimental Digital Studio, Pilot Film Shoot, University of Kent at Canterbury
9-11th September 2016 – Pilot Film Shoot, University of Kent at Canterbury
31st October 2016 – Documenting Performance Symposium – City University
9-11th November 2016 – Research Paper, European Theatre Perspectives Symposium, Wrocław
13th November 2016 – Workshop and Research Paper at the Institute of Theatre, Barcelona
20th November 2016 – National University of Singapore, Singapore, Workshop and Research Paper
6th December 2016 – Digital Studio and Research Paper – Central School of Speech and Drama
6th January 2017 – Research Paper, Labanarium Launch Event, University of Surrey
11-13th January 2017 – PAT Film Shoot, University of Kent at Canterbury
23rd January 2017 – Global Skills lecture, University of Kent at Canterbury
1st February 2017 – Global Skills lecture, University of Kent at Brussels
8-10 March 2017 – Research Paper with Camilleri at Interweaving Cultures: Theory and Practice Conference, University of Malta
March 30th 2017
May 18th 2017
Aarhus University, Denmark
Rethink Theatre, Performance and Dramaturgy Studies – Field of research, Core concepts and core issues
As a field of knowledge and expertise, how is Theatre, Dramaturgy and Performance Studies able to meet the challenges of the world today?
In an attempt to re-sist the increasing pressures on the humanities from within our discipline – and with a spin on RETHINK, the theme of Aarhus as the European Capital of Culture 2017 –this conference engages with the state-of-the-art in the Nordic and Baltic countries:
- How are core concepts, such as the work of art, the audience, dramaturgy, theatricality, theatre history, etc. being re-examined?
- What are the ways in which we (re-)engage methodologies of experimentation, documentation, analysis and dissemination?
- How are existing divides being addressed (or perhaps re-paired) and new partnerships being built inside and outside of academia?
- In what ways does the current condition re-shape how we research and teach theatre, dramaturgy and performance studies across educational programs?
- Paul Allain, Professor of Theatre and Perfomance and currently Associate Dean of research and innovation at the Faculty of Humanities at the University of Kent, Canterbury, UK.
- Imanuel Schipper, lecturer and researcher at different universities and art academies in Germany and Switzerland.
- Anneli Saro, Professor of Theatre Research and Vice Dean for Academic Affairs of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities at the University of Tartu (Estonia).
May 22nd 2017
University of York
TaPRA Performer Training Working Group interim event
Stacie Lee Bennett – Physical Actor Training: an online A-Z
5th June 2017
A presentation on Physical Actor Training – an online A-Z for the University of Kent’s Heritage Management Master’s students, Friday 6 October, Athens.
TaPRA Conference 2017
30 Aug-1 Sep at the University of Salford
New Adelphi, Peel Park campus, University of Salford
The University of Salford’s School of Arts and Media is delighted to be hosting the annual TaPRA conference 2017.
The Theatre & Performance Research Association (TaPRA) exists in order to facilitate research through and into theatre and performance. It is based on collegiality with a formal structure that intends to advance informal, productive and dynamic research networks (TaPRA 2017).
Salford conference conveners: Sheila McCormick and Jo Scott
General enquiries: email@example.com
4th – 5th July 2017
Giessen and others – Cross-disciplinary theatre education : The Aleksander Zelwerowicz National Academy of Dramatic Art in Warsaw international symposium
KEYNOTE Professor Paul Allain Digital Actor Training
Address: Str. Miodowa 22/24, Warsaw
August 31st 2017
TaPRA Conference, University of Salford
TaPRA Gallery introductory talk with Stacie Lee Bennett and 45 minute screening of Physical Actor Training: Speaking with the A-Z documentary excerpt.
For more information: http://tapra.org/2017-conference/